Sunday 9 April 2017

Fantasy Ruins WIP

 After reading a post on Gisby's Gaming Blog I had a look at the REDvectors site. One thing I've fancied is a fantasy 15mm mdf ruins kit. The pictures above and below are 28mm from the REDvectors site, but definitely fitted in with the style I like (Tudor-ish), so I got in touch with Mick @ REDvectors.
He redesigned these ruins for 15mm (it's not just a case of hitting the "rescale button") for me. It was a great experience and the results have come out exactly as above but for 15mm (including the pile of  ladders). I'll be getting back in touch for him to "rescale" a couple of the other ruined kits he has displayed!

All that remains is the build and paint. MDF is obviously a bit smooth, so I'm going to put a textured paint on the outer walls. The beams would make this awkward so I've started the painting process before the build.


The floors have been sprayed brown and given a dark wash. The both sides of the walls have been given a spray of white. The insides will be given a paint of some different colour. Looking around, people seem to paint the outside beams black or brown. Neither truly suit me, so I've sprayed them black with a light spray of brown , which I'll add to with some lighter dry brushing (at the same time as the flooring).

I've still to figure out exactly how to do the textured paint. I don't want it too rough and sandy so I'm going towards wall filler (spackle), pva and some colour. As you can see this is getting close, so best decide (and test!)

No comments:

Post a Comment